Monday, January 1, 2018

What was I thinking?

Despite the shout out from 76003.1414 (thank you, btw) I cannot shake the feeling that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm not a beer writer. I'm merely an enthusiastic beer fan.

Thinking about this, I concluded I must drink more beer. Content is my problem as well as my solution. To have content, I must drink beer.

Not an unwanted problem.

In 2018, I resolve not only to drink more beer but to assiduously study it. (h/t 76003.1414 for the word "assiduously.") I would like to tour a hops farm, tour a barley farm, tour Great Western Malting, become an ambassador for Ghost Runners Brewery (a recently conceived idea of one of its owners, Jeff), and take a brewing class at Bader Beer & Wine Supply. In February, ...

Just kidding, that should should keep me busy for a while.

2018 will also bring a new locations for Everybody's Brewing, Dick's Brewing, and McMenamins. I'll be sure to check those out. In 2017, Doomsday Brewing moved into their new facility which I have yet to visit. (Is it noon yet?)

There's a list of things to do around the office as well: setting up email, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Probably should have done that earlier, like before launching a blog. (What was I thinking??)

There's no time like the present so I might as well get started. I'm headed to Battleground for a hike in the sunshine, while it lasts. Then, to Northwood Public House and Barrel Mountain Brewing to see who's open on the first day of the New Year.

Here we go, 2018. Let's see where this takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment