Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Yep, still here.

Yep, still drinking beer. Just not a lot of time, or brain cells, available to write about it lately. For those of you who don't know, my day job is preparing individual tax returns. So, my time is spent and if I have any time at all, my mind is spent.

Lots of notes, lots of idea, a lot of open tabs. No juice.

Let's see. Last beer was Crux IPA today at Thai Orchid. Beer before that was ... let's see ... yesterday was what? Oh, yeah, I had a Wanderlust IPA from Breakside (at sunset) and then a Shadow Shinobi from Loowit* at Kiggins Theatre during a showing of Ministry of Fear. Trusty's Dark Marc afterwards.

Sunday ... Loowit again with friends. Grimlock Rye Porter. A favorite.

Saturday was a commuting day. No beer. Not that beer doesn't happen on a commuting day - we just didn't leave enough time this time.

Friday. Oooh, reaching waaay back now. I had a Hale's Pale Ale at the hotel lobby bar.

Thursday? I haven't journaled in a month so based on recollection ... I got nothing. I think I was at Victor 23 on Tuesday, though. I had a couple of amazing dark beers but I didn't make notes and they aren't listed on their website. One was at a whopping 13% ABV on Nitro and the other was at a milder, but still hefty, 8% - or thereabouts. They were variations of the same beer. Slow sippers, to be sure, but outstandingly delicious.

OK. Where are we? Last weekend ... I wrote about New Beer so I think we're all caught up.

It's hard to do two things at once. I like juggling numbers and I like juggling words. But doing both is like ... well, actual juggling.


*Loowit has a new website, apparently. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment