Friday, December 29, 2017

What are my credentials for writing a beer blog?

If credentials can be measured in beer, then I have a few. I've visited a total of 141 breweries in Washington. 15 of those breweries are right here in Vancouver. Those, plus another 13 breweries make up the "North Bank" breweries, so named for being located on the north side of, and relatively close to, the Columbia River. North Bank Breweries stretch along the Columbia River from Seaview to White Salmon. (Although Goldendale is not included at this time, I would make the argument that Dwinell Country Ales should be as they are almost as near to Vancouver as Seaview.) My local breweries (including North Bank breweries) make up almost 20% of the Washington breweries I've visited, and half of those are within biking distance of my house.

I have excellent access to Craft Beer.

The other 113 breweries are generally located near Interstate 5 between Vancouver (here) and the other Vancouver (up there).

My focus has always been on local beer and, when not in my own back yard, Washington beer. But I've also visited breweries in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Ohio, and Oregon. There are plenty of beer sites and blogs. Some focus on beers from the Pacific Northwest and others focus on Washington beer. I want to focus on the beer right here.

That doesn't mean I don't like to travel and try new things. I'm on the road nearly every weekend. But, as Dorothy said, "There's no place like home." It's where the heart is.

This is about the beer right here. And here is where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment