Thursday, March 15, 2018

Cooking with Guinness

I don't know if this post belongs here or on my Eat Me page but I was challenged to find food recipes that utilize Guinness. Not that the challenge was all that difficult. There's a plethora of recipes on the internet. There also happens to be a plethora of Guinness in my garage. I think it was available at Costco at one point and an overly enthusiastic shopper, whose name begins with Hubby, stocked up. The problem is, we never got around to drinking it. With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, it seemed a good time to find a way to consume the beer without having to drink it all.

Cooking Light published a list of 14 Ways to Cook with Guinness. Funny that cooking with Guinness should appear anywhere in Cooking Light. Five of the recipes are stew, so I think it could be more accurately entitled "9 Ways to Cook with Guinness."

Real Simple is more inventive with their 10 Guinness Recipes That Will Make You Want to Eat Your Beer Instead. There are recipes for pretzel truffles, cake, fondue, cupcakes (which are really like small cakes so maybe that doesn't count), a cocktail, and meatloaf. And, as the publication's name might imply, the recipes are simple.

Hubby specifically wanted a corned beef recipe. I found one on All Recipes. The New York Times offers a Guinness Pie although I don't know why it doesn't call for lamb. A recipe for Braised Beef Short Ribs can be found on the Guinness website which, oddly, is the only food recipe that features their own beer as an ingredient.

Now the problem is, where do I start and who's going to help me eat it all? This does not bode well for bikini season either. I should have started figuring this out six months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment