Monday, October 16, 2023

Beer Here's new rating system:

🦶= blew my socks off

👟 = did not blow my socks off

🧦 = dirty sock; avoid



🤯 = mind blown; reserved for a truly special place or beer


The shoe was meant to be a clean sock but I couldn't find a clean sock emoji to signify that, indeed, my socks had not been blown off. Assuming you wear socks with your athletic shoes, I picked what I thought was the next best thing.

No, I do not have a food fetish. I thought I was being clever.

Ultimately, I mean to provide more beer and brewery reviews. Once upon a time, I lived in Washington and was a member of the Washington Beer Lovers. This is a wonderful organization that did a great job of promoting Washington breweries. Using their passport, I visited 200 breweries all over the state. Since I lived near the Oregon border, I also visited Oregon breweries but didn't keep track of those as well. In addition, I visited local craft breweries when I traveled. I have easily visited 300 different locations but stopped counting after I left Washington.

I live in California, now, in a beer desert. It's an actual desert, to be fair, but to my point there are only seven breweries in the immediate area.

29 Brews - Coachella
Babe's Bar-B-Que and Brewery - Rancho Mirage
Coachella Valley Brewing - Thousand Palms and Palm Springs (coming soon)
Desert Beer Company - Palm Desert and Indio (coming soon)
La Quinta Brewing - Palm Desert, Palm Springs, La Quinta
Las Palmas Brewing - Palm Springs
Luchador Brewing Company - Cathedral City

More information can be found in this article from Palm Springs Life.

The good news is there's some really good beer being produced here. For additional variety, I visit independent craft breweries in San Diego and Los Angeles and locations in between, as well as breweries in Arizona. How many I've already visited, I don't know because I haven't been keeping track. 

That changes now. I have a blank spreadsheet and a blinking cursor. It's time to start adding to my brewery count.

I can't wait to get started. 

Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment