Friday, September 2, 2022

I have a beer problem. Maybe you can help.

Even as I write this, I'm walking it back. "Do I really?"

Hubby said I had to get rid of some of the beers in the refrigerator before I can buy any more. He's right. There are some that have been languishing in there. Forgotten. Passed over. No longer seen.

But when I took an inventory, I didn't think it looked all that bad.

From this picture, you can see I have a wide range of tastes which is what contributes to my beer problem. I like to try beers from different styles. I'll find something I want to try and then end up with more than I really want to drink. Or, once tried, I'm ready to move on to the next thing leaving behind an inventory of "been there, done that" beers that now I have to get rid of.

I have three of the Warsteiner Oktoberfest. I first tried this at last years Oktoberfest at Big Bear Lake, CA. Later, I saw the beer at Costco and bought a case of 24. I only have three left which means I liked it well enough to drink 21 of them. But it also means they're about a year old. While it'll be Fall soon enough, I've lost interest in finishing the last three.

The one on the left is Passion Pool, a gose style ale from Mikkeller. (The picture at the link shows a different label.) It's fruity and sour, perfectly refreshing on a hot day and would probably be perfect for floating around the pool. I have three of these, having only drunk one. I could try it again, but the bubbles, which were tight and plentiful, gave me gas. I could be wrong here - it could have been something I ate - but I haven't really wanted to give it another try. Besides, I don't have a pool.

I forgot that I had three of the Boatswain Chocolate Stout in the fridge. I really like dark beers so this surprises me. I think it came in a six-pack so I drank half of what I bought. Maybe it just got too hot outside for me to be interested in a dark beer although at 5.4% ABV, it's very drinkable. While it's plenty hot outside this week, this could be a good beer to have around a few weeks from now.

But, a deal is a deal. There are other beers I want to try so I need to make some room. If you're in my neighborhood and you want to try some of these beers, let me know and they're all yours. Or, if you have a similar problem, we can make a trade. 

(I just won't tell Hubby.)



I also have one Brew Dr Superberry Kombucha if anyone's interested. It's non alcoholic and good on it's own but it's also pretty good with a shot of vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment